As the festival season draws nearer, Van Don has witnessed a considerable increase in online holidaymakers who ultimately booked vacations in this coastal city and its surrounding areas. The city is fully equipped to receive the anticipated high number of arrivals ahead of the forthcoming peak period. The preceding peak season was a remarkable experience, made possible by the careful arrangements that had been put into place.
Van Don – An attractive and favorite destination in Quang Ninh
Located on the romantic Bai Tu Long Bay, the Van Don island district is blessed with beautiful, breathtaking landscapes with more than 600 large and small islands and different shapes. The destination has mountains, ancient forests, and charming white-sand beaches. Ideal highlights include Ngoc Vung Beach, Quan Lan, Minh Chau, Son Hao, Banh Sua, etc. Bai Tu Long National Park is a remarkable asset to this island region. Van Don has the gifts of beautiful nature and brings fresh air and peaceful, intact scenery. In addition, it also preserves several unique and valuable historical, cultural, and architectural relics, namely: Old Van Don Port, Quan Lan Temple, Temple of King Ly Anh Tong, Cai Bau Pagoda (Truc Lam Giac Tam Zen Monastery), Cai Bau Island, Tier Tien Pagoda.
Van Don – Ready for the significant events of the Region
With the advantages of enchanting nature, historical sites, cultural events, and architecture, Van Don has the potential to develop into a Special Economic Zone. In recent years, the island district has received significant investments in infrastructure and other projects to promote local tourism. Notably, the entertainment super project (including Casino) of Sungroup, Quang Ninh International Airport in Van Don, Hanoi – Van Don Expressway will create economic development, social and tourism breakthroughs.
A lot of efforts have been made in Van Don, such as increasing the workforce at local hotels and restaurants and better shuttle buses for pick-up services. This island district now owns hundreds of accommodation points with thousands of rooms. In addition, speedboats with routes to some islands have also been upgraded in both quality and quantity. In addition, a publication, “Van Don Tourist Guide,” provides tourist information about this friendly island district.
Best Things To See When You Travel to Van Don
It takes about 4 hours to drive from Hanoi to Van Don (220km). When you arrive at Cai Rong Port, take a cruise that includes the following attractions:
- Quan Lan Beach: Buy train tickets to Quan Lan from Cai Rong Port; The earliest boat will depart at 6:30 am. This is an intact, wonderful, and peaceful beach. Photographing at this natural site inspires you to pose and capture majestic moments. With smooth white sand and a clear blue sea, sightseeing in Quan Lan is the perfect pastime. April, May, June 9, and October are the best times to come to Quan Lan; July may experience some storms.
- Minh Chau Beach: As the most precise beach on the island, Minh Chau Beach also has fine white sand. This is a treasure of Quan Lan, the place to escape the bustle of the city and relax alone. Preserved on the island is a 700-year-old brocade forest, which functions as the “green lung” of Minh Chau village. Behind the forest is a beautiful beach for your comfort.
- Quan Lan Temple: Built in the years 1890 – 1900, this temple has experienced many ups and downs in history. Located in the island’s center, the wooden site holds historical and meaningful values that generations of local people cherish. Inside the pagoda are exquisite and skillful carvings creating an impressive architectural work. Notable is the carving of the dragon’s head; each head is different. Its architectural style is similar to Bang Temple (Bac Ninh province) and Tra Co (Mong Cai).
- Cai Bau Pagoda: Built on the foundation of Phu Linh Tu Pagoda (Tran Dynasty, about 700 years ago), Cai Bau Pagoda is located separately from the residential area. This makes the temple peaceful. This pagoda is also known as Truc Lam Giac Tam Zen Monastery, lying with its back against the ancient forest, facing the majestic Bai Tu Long Bay. When this place is still quiet, away from the hustle and bustle of daily life, each bell ringing creates a magical echo that soothes visitors.
- Ngoc Vung Island: This is a serene place of Nature for a fantastic beach vacation in Van Don- Quang Ninh. The outstanding feature of this place is an interesting homestay experience, pristine beach, Dragon Eye cape, Uncle Ho’s memorial on the island, coastal casuarina groves, Fort Island, fresh seafood, etc. With fresh water, Van Don has the ability to develop agriculture, turning this place into beautiful islands and countryside in the middle of the sea. Make sure you also have time to explore the local pearl farming industry! In the past, this place had a lot of gems shining day and night, so it was called Ngoc Vung (a bright pearl of the whole region).
- Ba Mun Island: This island is parallel to Quan Lan Island, about 15km from the shore. The unique feature of Ba Mun is rare plant species and old and old trees. There are trees that are too big for three or four people to hug.
The best time is the summer months when people can relax at the fantastic beaches and avoid the scorching heat. Along with the highlights of Nature, history, and culture, this island district possesses a rich source of seafood, ensuring fun meals and BBQ parties on the beach. Go there to relax!