Do I Need a Visa to Enter Vietnam?
Yes, most international travelers to Vietnam for travel or business purposes may need to apply for a Vietnam visa, except for those included in this list of Vietnam visa exemption. To save your cost and time for a Vietnam visa, you should strictly follow the steps below:
- Select your nationality below to see whether or not you need a visa to Vietnam.
- Follow the easiest way to get a visa for Vietnam as guided if you need a valid visa to enter Vietnam.
But before you go, you need to acknowledge Vietnam visa requirements. The following is a short, clear checklist of documents required for Vietnam visa application. It applies to those who are not exempted from Vietnam visa.
Documents required for getting a Vietnam visa include:
1. Passport: valid for at least 6 months following your arrival date to Vietnam and have at least 2 blank pages for immigration stamps. A temporary passport maybe not accepted.
2. Visa Approval Letter: required if you want to get Vietnam visa on arrival at Vietnam international airports.
3. Photo: two (2) passport-sized photos (4×6 cm) and must be taken recently without glass-wear. Check detailed Vietnam visa photo requirements.
4. Visa application form: Immigration Entry and Exit Application Form for Vietnam visa on arrival.
5. Vietnam Visa Stamping Fee: paid in cash upon arrival (for Vietnam visa on arrival)
- Travelers who transit through Vietnam airport should check the airlines for Vietnam visa requirements;
- Travelers directly visiting Phu Quoc Island, either by boat or airplane from a country other than Vietnam, and stay for less than 30 days are not required to have Vietnam visa.
- In case you are granted visa-free access to Vietnam, you just need a passport with at least 6 months of validity following your date of entry into Vietnam.
- The visa approval letter is valid at the airport only. So if travelers enter Vietnam by land or cruise, they can apply for a Vietnam visa via the local embassy.
Source & Copyright: The source of the above visa and immigration information and copyright owner/s is the:
– Ministry of Foreign Affairs – URL: www.mofa.gov.vn
– Vietnam Embassy – URL: www.vietnam-embassy.org